[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
RONIN, Cataclysm raiding and the future - RONIN - RAGNAROS EU

RONIN, Cataclysm raiding and the future

Moderator: Officers

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Villoria

RONIN, Cataclysm raiding and the future

Postby Villoria » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:45 pm

End of Raiding in Cataclysm

Neither Playme or myself have the energy or time to continue raiding in Cataclysm and with Mists of Pandaria around the corner do we feel it’s time to end it now. You have all noticed the lack of raids lately and we suspect that the closer to MoP we come, the harder it will be to get a raid going. MoP Beta have already started, Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2 and Tera Online on the way combined with spring/summer and the end of an expansion makes it hard to recruit and fill up the raid group.

We therefore feel it’s better to end it now, then struggling for some additional time, and give people the chance to seek new guilds or do whatever they want in WoW. If anyone wants to take over and try to get raids going, please do so. We understand some people might be upset or disappointed, but we rather end now than keep it going as it is now, which will most likely lead to lots of cancelled raids which is very frustrating and based on earlier situations, leads to bad raids and lots xxxxxx.

We are not disbanding RONIN, the guild will remain as a social guild and we do not intend to kill it in MoP either. If someone want to take over and try to recruit people for raiding in MoP are they welcome to do so. However neither of us will raid in RONIN in MoP. We will of course be available to help with transformation if anyone wants to take over and try to get raids going.

Ventrilo and the website are paid for right now and will remain open to be used as it is now.

Guild bank is filled with stuff and gold. Patterns are open to everyone, send me an in game mail with the patterns you want and I’ll send them to you. Same with any stuff in there you, for instance the old stuff. However, I will send it out to the first that asks for it. The other stuff will I try to sell out and distribute the gold to the members. I am also going to open parts of the guild bank to all members in RONIN, socials and all. I have no real good idea right now how solve everything with the bank and access levels.

We would like to take this chance to thank everyone in RONIN right now and old members lurking on our website for the time we have spent together. I hope we can keep the website alive as a forum for us, as it is now, so Simpy, if you read this, let us know when the next payment is due so we can help out paying for it and keep the website alive. Also, we have a part of our forum were you can add contact details, such as steam accounts and so on. Please make use of it if you want continue to be part of the RONIN community.

Villoria and Playme, signing out……….

Narian

Re: RONIN, Cataclysm raiding and the future

Postby Narian » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Well I suppose it was inevitable, but as you've said, hopefully people will stay active on this site and within other games etc.

Good job on keeping the guild running for the past year or so, I'm sure it was appreciated by those that remained playing.
╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ════════════╝

Raszagal

Postby Raszagal » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:18 pm

First thought that comes to mind is "THIS SUCKS!!" (cause it does), but I guess it's been happening over quite some time so it didn't really come as a surprise...

I'm clearly too lazy (and have too much shit at work) do have any real kind of power left to get raiding going and I think I'm too old and comfortable to look for any other guild raiding at the same level (both progress and time-wise). I'll probably just hang out in the guild and do LFR with my alts and continue to raid 2 days a week with my work buddy's guild on Blade's Edge.

I'd like to thank Playme and Villoria for managing the raids as long as you did, and lets all blame Ailyah!!1
It's been a blast from the start, but I mean what could really top that first Lady Vashj kill?!

Regards, the angry Bare

The definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different outcome
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Brisingr

Postby Brisingr » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi,
I understand your decision, can't be easy putting in all that time as it stands. I would like to thank you both for your time and effort keeping the raids going as long as you did. Playme, I don't really think you hate me...that much :) Personally I was having a lot of fun going back to raiding part time again, thanks for that.

Just as Ras I am to old and don't have the time to organize raids or change guild. I like RONIN and I will also hang around and tend my alts, do LFR's and PvP and see what happens when MoP hits.

-Patrik

Mardax

Postby Mardax » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:51 am

I know I havent been raiding the past 6 months or so, but like the others have said here, this had to happen sooner or later.
I don't think its bad leadership or bad raids, that leads to this - I think it is the game in general. WoW has been out for 7 years or so now, and I think people are fed up with WoW.
Lets also face that some of us was "kinda old" when we actually started with this game (20+) and maybe a house, a few children and other stuff has slipped in between the raiding time and "the time off", which again leads to less time for WoW - that's how it has to be.

Personally I have no intentions to leave or look for any other guild, no matter if RONIN will raid or not in MoP. I dont have the energy, nor the time, to do these scheduled raids, and I really didnt enjoy Cataclysm raids as much - it seems like for every expansion Blizzard has released, the PvE part, for me atleast, has been more and more boring - so I'm quite happy with the PvP aspect of the game, as it is now.

I really admire you two, who have kept RONIN running the past year - I can imagine me the workload it has included, and I can understand that both of you are "burned out".

For me personally im going to level up some character in MoP - that will most likely be the my priest, and then again continue PvP on a casual level. If the officers - and more other people - I wish you the best of luck somewhere else. I hope you may find what you are looking for in the future - and in MoP.

Regardless of what, thanks for making my stay - so far - been comfortable, encouraging and overall a good time.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Information”