[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Wildstar? Something else? - RONIN - RAGNAROS EU

Wildstar? Something else?

The forum for the wider community of RONIN through other games and the internet!
Jaedan

Wildstar? Something else?

Postby Jaedan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:44 pm

So, while we're taking a break from raiding are there any other MMOs or games people are interested in trying to take up some time?

Wildstar is going F2P in .. 11 hours, I enjoyed it on release but no one else wanted to continue so I stopped too.

Otherwise, any other games folks might be interested in? I haven't had a look at SWTOR or GW2 for a while and I enjoyed levelling in them at least.
AKA Thordelar

Spoisen

Re: Wildstar? Something else?

Postby Spoisen » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:53 pm

Wildstar going F2P?
I always wanted to try it! At first it got a lot of praise, but I heard some mixed stuff later on. Anyone playing it?

Raszagal

Postby Raszagal » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:14 pm

I too played Wildstar for the free month that was included. Then everyone quit, kinda (and some never started after the beta).
I thought it was a fun game to level in at least, if not a bit easy. Don't know how fun the party content will be, but like I said in the shoutbox I will level up at least the chars I started.

I also have GW2 and found that game fun to level in as well. Haven't done a single dungeon in it tho, but I guess that could be fun too (if not strange due to the lack of the holy trinity).

SWTOR I haven't played any of, but everyone said it's great fun to level in. Could probably consider getting it as well if more people plan on playing it.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different outcome
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Jaedan

Postby Jaedan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:36 pm

Well if anyone is interested in grabbing the installer for Wildstar while the site is down for maintenance (presumably prep work for the F2P launch in a few hours!) you can get it here

AKA Thordelar

Raszagal

Postby Raszagal » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:00 pm

Is there anything you need to do in order to get F2P?! Cause I remember reading something about "beta signups" and stuff for it?!
And also something about people who had bought the game prior to launch should get some benefits or w/e?!

The definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different outcome

Hik

Postby Hik » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:02 am

I'm definately down in joining you in Wildstar. I played pretty hardcore at launch, cleared GA with world #2 guild and was one of the very first guilds to even have enough people attuned for Datascape (The 40 man raid, which is now 20 man). The only reason I stopped was because I couldn't juggle both WoW and Wildstar raiding, and there was too much investment in WoW at the time.

I'm currently on the PvE server leveling a new medic on Dominion, lemme know if you're around on dominion pve and we can do some stuff together :D

And to answer your question Rasz, you don't need to do anything to play F2P, your old account details will work straight away. Also if you bought the box before hand, you get stuff like 12 char slots etc. which are limited on a F2P account.

Raszagal

Postby Raszagal » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:02 am

Ah, awesome. Then I just need to get this silly 2 step authentication crap to work.
Apparently I set it up at launch, but now when I need to install the Google Authenticator the camera keeps refocusing when I try to scan the QR-code, and if I instead try to add the code mentioned on their (Wildstar) site the app says it's too short...

I'll just print the fucking QR-code at work and hope it works better scanning it from a piece of paper.

Oh, and I can't remember what type of chars I had :P But I'm open to leveling new ones where the rest of you play.

Ooooooor I need some caffeine.. I guess that QR-code is an example and so is the code. I guess you're supposed to set it up with something on your account page. But I already HAVE it set up, but the authenticator was installed on a phone I since replaced (and probably reinstalled...)
Guess I'll have to dig out my old phone and see whether it's installed, and if not I guess it's time for a mail to the support...

"Your request was successfully submitted. You should receive a confirmation email shortly."
Now to play the waiting game! Hope they'll fix it in to for when I get home from work :)

Hik

Postby Hik » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:16 am

Yeah I had the same problem, fortunately had the foresight to sort it 2 days ago, though I got a response from support within 2-3 hours, so hopefully they'll sort you fast :)

Raszagal

Postby Raszagal » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:49 am

Well they have about 9 hours or so before I usually get home and at my computer! Oh and I have to cook tonight as well, so make that 9.5! :)

Jaedan

Postby Jaedan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:49 pm

Yeesh, 2 hour wait to get on the PvE realm!
AKA Thordelar

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Gaming”