The Division

The forum for the wider community of RONIN through other games and the internet!
Jaedan

The Division

Postby Jaedan » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:52 am

Anyone planning on getting it? I've been following the game for a while and it really looks like my cup of tea, Alpha feedback from the XBONE players seems positive.

Anyone else interested? It's currently scheduled for release on March 8th.
AKA Thordelar

Manix

Re: The Division

Postby Manix » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:21 am

I've been staying with Mike for the last month and he is trying hella hard to get me to buy a PS4 (at like £250 and having played about 30 hours of Bloodborne I'm getting pretty tempted). Back to the point... Mike has showed me a lot of game demos and The Divison looks very interesting but I'm a bit worried that it looks a little shallow (It kinda reminded me of Hellgate: London).

Jaedan

Postby Jaedan » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:08 pm

I'm a little tempted to get a PS4 as well, but it would probably only be for a handful of games so I'm still very much on the fence.

I share similar concerns about The Division, however it does have character development with levelling up and skill trees and so on so it should have at least some life in it.
And then I adore the whole "recent collapse of civilization" setting and love to just explore in worlds like that.

Worst case if there's anyone else playing it, it should keep me busy for a while. Perhaps it should be called The Diversion instead :P
AKA Thordelar

Croknight

Postby Croknight » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:15 pm

I will probably get it on the Pc aswell.

Looks realy good.

Manix

Postby Manix » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:39 pm

Jaedan wrote:I'm a little tempted to get a PS4 as well, but it would probably only be for a handful of games so I'm still very much on the fence.

I bought one.

I bought it just for Bloodborne. I will try to find other games that are good too but for now Bloodborne alone is worth the cost. Honestly I haven't enjoyed a game so much in a LONG time.

PS4s a pretty cheap, I think you can pick one up for whatever you find down the bag of your couch and a grab bag size packet of Doritos...

Jaedan

Postby Jaedan » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:15 pm

If you're interested in trying out the beta but don't want to pre-order (or more accurately, don't want to pre-order at UPlay/Steam prices!), UPlay currently has a sale on which includes Beta access to The Division with any purchase - I bought a piece of DLC for a game I don't own for £1.19 (some weapon pack for AC: Unity) and now have guaranteed beta access.

I think it's worth the punt at that price, even if it's only in beta for a few days!
AKA Thordelar

Croknight

Postby Croknight » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:53 pm

oh nice one Jaedan...thx for the hint. Bought the same pack and i do actually own ACU :P

Bört

Postby Bört » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:45 pm

Being a pessimistic asshat with recent Ubisoft games in mind I really, REALLY doubt Division is going to even work.

They manged to fuck up Watch Dogs which was just as hyped as The Division. The game had a metric ton of issues on launch and even after a bunch of patches it had problems. The gameplay was 'meh' at best on top of it all. Oh and remember that hidden texture fiasco? Funs.

Then it's the rest of their track record, Heroes of Might and Magic was pretty much raped with the latest installment in the series. Although with the latest patch (1pointfucking6) it is supposedly playable. Steam reviews are pretty fun to read though.
They also have that Call of duty imitation called Assassins Creed, as in they keep releasing the same game over and over again hoping people wont notice.

The only games that seem to work that they released in the past few years are the Anno ones. At least they don't crash or have game breaking glitches, looking at you Assassins creed with your half submerged NPCs.

Fuck Ubisoft. Don't give them any god damn money.
Play some Just Cause 3 instead, the bugs are features there!
http://i.imgur.com/XsohoxD.gifv
Here used to be an irritating GIF. I removed it. Community service, bitches.

Jaedan

Postby Jaedan » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:41 pm

At least none of the developers are Montreal. They were the leads on Watch_dogs and basically anything AC related. If Montreal was lead dev I'd definitely be less excited. As it stands, they're not even involved so for me that's pretty much a plus!

Alpha feedback from the console plebs was enormously positive, so I'm cautiously optimistic.
AKA Thordelar

Bört

Postby Bört » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:42 pm

Hehe plebs.

But that's true now that you mention it. Isn't it Massive developing The Division? That Swedish studio that made World in Conflict and Ground Control.
If that is the case there could be some very interesting tactical parts to the game.
A worrying bit is that it's being developed for the consoles. Which reduces the tactical abilities to A, B, C & D due to the poor excuses for controls.

I read some interesting stuff about uplay today as well, http://imgur.com/a/UhtyP
Seems like they are making some much needed improvements on the UI.
Here used to be an irritating GIF. I removed it. Community service, bitches.

Return to “General Gaming”