[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Wildstar? Something else? - Page 3 - RONIN - RAGNAROS EU

Wildstar? Something else?

The forum for the wider community of RONIN through other games and the internet!
Jaedan

Re: Wildstar? Something else?

Postby Jaedan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:22 pm

Aye, similar issue - managed to make a character but then got stuck with an hourglass for 20+ minutes - force closed the game and now it still thinks I'm connected so I can't get in.

To be expected I suppose!
AKA Thordelar

Raszagal

Postby Raszagal » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:32 pm

Hmmm. I managed to get back in after closing my game. Then I tried to create the same character again and it got stuck when I clicked enter world.
So I went to get some dinner. Then when I got back I had been kicked out due to inactivity... Then I just got a bunch of network errors when trying to connect.

I'll play some shit in WoW for a while and then try again. I'll be making a dominion warrior either way! Lets hope I can tank with it :D

The definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different outcome
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Hik

Postby Hik » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:33 pm

Yeah unfortunately the servers haven't been great, i've been able to play all day but only managed to get to level 18. There was really shitty lag which started at around 10am, then the servers went down for an hour, still lag when they came back up. Then they went down again about an hour later for a 35 minute scheduled maintenance, which ended up taking 1.5 hours, but the lag was gone and it was running really smoothly for about 1.5 hours. Then they took the servers down for "15 minute emergency restart" which lasted almost an hour, and when they came back up they were laggy again and have been ever since.

Obviously I've been logging in straight away after the maintenance so I never had to sit through any log-in issues or character creation issues, but honestly, even when you're in, apart from that 1.5 hour period in the middle of the day, it's been a pretty shitty experience. All I can reccommend really is pretend the launch is tomorrow/Thursday, and try then unless you're really eagar to play like I am.

P.S - By laggy, I mean literally freezing and running on the spot for 10-20 seconds every single time you kill an enemy (The lag seemed to be linked direcly to objects being spawned on the ground, such as loot), which was borderline unplayable, especially when you'd kill 1 out of a pack of mobs, and then freeze for 20 seconds, and come back to the rest of the pack having killed you while you were lagging out.

Raszagal

Postby Raszagal » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:06 pm

I can always find things to do in WoW! And I'm use to having to "pretend" launch days from Blizzard games :)

The definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different outcome

Hèlen

Postby Hèlen » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:22 pm

Im currentIy in doubt between speIIsIinger and esper. Any recommendations? :D DefinetIy want a caster cIass... *edit i mean ranged ofc*
Last edited by Hèlen on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Farewell, mortals. Your bravery is admirable, for such flawed creatures."

Raszagal

Postby Raszagal » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:59 pm

WOHO! I'm in! And sorry, dunno anything about caster classes! :)

Raszagal

Postby Raszagal » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:05 pm

I wouldn't mind some addon tips tho. I remember having some questing addon at least.

Jaedan

Postby Jaedan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:27 pm

Spellslinger is like a space cowboy (that's the class I've taken, I find it the most fun!), they dual wield pistols and have a blink style skill that looks cool.

Engineer was a close second for me, they're kind of like a pet class with robots and they use a large gun. Pretty good fun!

I wasn't sold on an Esper, but I didn't play one to more than about level 8 or something, so I wouldn't be able to say if they get better.

Medic is also cool, and if memory serves, they end up looking pretty cool too!
AKA Thordelar

Raszagal

Postby Raszagal » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:36 pm

So! Levian Bay or Crimson Isle?! Does it matter? Just curious.
Either way it's time for some "shut eye"!

Hik

Postby Hik » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:34 am

I played Esper originally at launch and would reccommend that over a spellslinger personally, as there is more depth to how you play the class, and also I dont really like the spellsurge mechanic for spell slingers. But of course that's just a personal opinion and you should probably try both before you make a decision.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Gaming”