[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Move Window - RONIN - RAGNAROS EU

Move Window

<R O N I N> on Ragnaros EU
Jaedan

Move Window

Postby Jaedan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:54 pm

Ok, I think we're getting close to the time that we need to discuss a move window.

First and most important question for this: Is there still enough of us that want to make the move and try and give Ronin another reboot?
Time changes things, and I'm aware that some people who were thirsty to try and continue 3 or 4 months ago may not feel the same way now, let alone in another 6 months when legion actually lands.

Either way, for this to be worth looking into, we ideally need at least a semi decent number of people who would like to make another go at it, with preferably more than 10 in order to meet the minimum raid size initially, and obviously enough of each archetype so that we aren't unable to raid straight off the bat due to not having any healers/DPS/tanks without pugging.

Can people who are still visiting these forums report in with how they feel about things at the moment, and if anyone is still in contact with others who are less frequent on the forums can they be polled on their thoughts and intentions as well?

Once all of that is out of the away, and assuming we're off to a positive start, we need to establish a window to move at the earliest. In my opinion, we should wait as long as possible - certainly not before the pre-patch - with the only caveat being that if there is some sort of sale or deal on character services then it may be prudent to take advantage of that and potentially save some money.

My recommendation for not going before the pre-patch (and that's actually the point at which I would intend to buy Legion as well, for the same reasons) is because of how much all of the current classes are changing. It's perfectly possible that any of us may login after the pre-patch and decide that we no longer like the way the game or our class works. For some, not liking their current class may not be an issue, but for others who are hardcore into one and only one class it could be a deal breaker. Thus paying out to move before then would be a waste if you're one such person that decides it's no longer a game you want to play.

Counter to that, I think we should also make sure that the move happens BEFORE the launch of Legion, this is because it will give us some time to recruit players who may still be playing on RC before the inevitable influx of new and returning guilds at launch. Getting ahead of the competition in recruitment, especially as we'll be basically unknown on RC prior to the move will both give us the best possible start and will only help us long term.
AKA Thordelar

Raszagal

Re: Move Window

Postby Raszagal » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:00 am

I'm in! I might still play my character on Blade's Edge (for reasons), but I'd like to raid.
I have alpha access and I'm contemplating what to play. It'll most likely be tank, but they only enabled monk tank spec this last build.
Quite a lot seem to have change, and demon hunter (which is quite fun to play) just had their talents scrambled in a (if you ask me) bad way.

So short version: Raiding, yes! Most likely as a tank. Class TBD.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different outcome
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Bört

Postby Bört » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:28 pm

Like I've said before I intend to return for Legion.
I plan on making a new Warlock on the new server and leveling that one up to max. I'm not really certain how long that will take though, would it be a good idea for me to get started before the rest of you move?

I don't have an active account at the moment and would prefer if I could wait as long as possible before I had to reactivate it.

Jaedan

Postby Jaedan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:09 pm

Buying legion will get you a 100 boost for free, so you could use that and be on the level with us straight away. Depends on how much you want to see MoP or WoD really.

Otherwise I'd start around the pre-patch or 1 month before launch, whichever comes first. Levelling through some of the older content like TBC and WotLK can be pretty painful!
AKA Thordelar

Hèlen

Postby Hèlen » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:07 pm

I will most likely return for legion, but I am not sure yet how active I will be able to be. I do plan on playing my hunter if the changes arent too bad ;)
"Farewell, mortals. Your bravery is admirable, for such flawed creatures."

Spoisen

Postby Spoisen » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:07 am

Spoisen the self-proclaimed archmage will return if (when) the Legion does!
Not before though, as in, not until launch. The less I play before Legion, the more fun I'll have when I finally do.

Perhaps it is worth adding that we had people joining back on Ragnaros because they logged in and saw a whole bunch of friends and familiar people. That won't happen if we move (I was one of those people by the way!). A guild message saying something about another server just isn't the same. Not that I oppose moving. Just food for thought! I mean, former RONIN members are the best kind of members, right? :)

Jaedan

Postby Jaedan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:16 am

Fair point Spoisen, my only concern is that if we remain here even in the beginning of the launch is that it may make us complacent, leading to perhaps not moving and then we end up in the same boat again - if we even manage to get back to raiding at all in that scenario.
Then by the time we've decided that it's necessary to move in order to raid, it's too late and we're behind the curve and recruitment on the new realm is made much harder for it.

I don't know if any of that is true or likely, I'm just speculating.
I would like more than anything for as many Ronin veterans to return and keep playing - after all a guild is just its players, but I'm just worried that it may be to the detriment of the longer term health of the guild.

So I'm on the fence about what's best really. We have our history and our future to consider and I think realistically we probably have to forsake one for the other. Question is what's more important to us.

Jesus. Anyone else have an opinion on this?
AKA Thordelar

Bört

Postby Bört » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:32 pm

I would prefer it if we would remain... I would have to make a completely fresh start otherwise. I would still probably make an entirely new character but I would have access to all the shit on my old account.
Don't make a decision based on me though. I haven't been around in ages and I have no idea what Ragnaros looks like at the moment.

Per your description Jaedan it would seem like it's a ghost town?
How many people are active in the guild right now? Are we planning on running 10mans or the larger ones? (what were they 20man? Can't recall...)

Jaedan

Postby Jaedan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:26 pm

The guild isn't active at all right now really, a few of us log in every now and again to do garrison stuff and so on, but that's about it. There's no one to recruit to solve the issue, and while we'd probably be able to get back to raiding in Legion, it would be borrowed time again at best. My opinion is that the only chance for Ronin to really survive in any kind of meaningful way is to move - short of Blizzard doing more server merges that is.

Fun fact: At peak population during WoD, there were more Blood Elves at level 100 than there were Alliance in total on ragnaros.
AKA Thordelar

Manix

Postby Manix » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:33 pm

Sorry I'm a little late to the party.

I'm planning on playing during Legion. I think we should definitely move server. Staying on Raggy will just be a struggle and then eventually the WoD story will play out again.

New server, new members, new start. Same RONIN core and anyone who wants to come back can. I know some people might miss out but most have RONIN peeps in their friends lists and I think we'll still catch 90%+ of everyone that would want to raid again, plus guild would stand half a chance.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of Warcraft”