Ronin is moving!

<R O N I N> on Ragnaros EU
Jaedan

Ronin is moving!

Postby Jaedan » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:36 pm

In Warlords of Draenor we managed to do something I don't think anyone thought would ever happen:

We resurrected R O N I N.
We even made it the NUMBER 1 International Alliance Raiding Guild on Ragnaros™!

As impressive as this feat was, it was not to last. Summer came and with it a content drought, and we were unable to fully hold on to what few players we had managed to recruit and the tough decision to stop raiding was made.
It is clear now that if we want to keep Ronin going then Ragnaros is a place that we can no longer call home.

Our new home will be Ravencrest, and it is there that we hope to find enough Alliance players to keep us playing. This will enable those of us who wish to raid the ability to do so for as long as we desire.

Ravencrest should be a good fit for us - it is the a fairly high population Alliance heavy server and is therefore almost a mirror image of Ragnaros. It is also the highest ranking Alliance server in the EU so our recruitment options and competition should be good.

For now, the plan is to move only once Legion is closer - the idea is to have the level 100 boost available for those that want to move in that way in order to make it as cheap as possible to recreate the guild on Ravencrest. This delay is also in case any deals on character services open up between now and then.

R O N I N will remain on Ragnaros, with a GMOTD permanently stating what our new home is going to be. This will also enable R O N I N to remain as a guild on Ragnaros and any returning players will be able to know where we have gone and will also allow long departed members to be remembered as the Legends they all are.

As a suggestion I'd start making characters on Ravencrest in order to reserve names.
Sadly, it's highly probable that our usual character names might not be available so it's better to come to terms with that sort of stuff sooner rather than later!
AKA Thordelar

Mardax

Re: Ronin is moving!

Postby Mardax » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:43 pm

There can only be one Mardax female priest - i'm not worried! :-)
Is the guild RONIN created on Ravencrest? You might want to do that already, so we do not end up in some . . . weird something something....

Hik

Postby Hik » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:52 pm

Good call, back in my old guilld, we moved our guild from Ragnaros to Ravencrest back in MoP towards the start of SoO, and it made a huge difference. Ragnaros' alliance pop was rapidly dwindling and it was terrible for recruitment, and also to do anything on the timeless isle. Moving to RC practically tripled the amount of applications we received, so hopefully it will breathe some new life into RONIN for the new expansion. Best of luck :)

Brisingr

Postby Brisingr » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:02 pm

When is the move happening?

Jaedan

Postby Jaedan » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:09 pm

It will be nearer to Legion's release or perhaps sooner if character services go on sale.
AKA Thordelar

Mardax

Postby Mardax » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:25 am

Has RONIN yet been created on Ravencrest? I'm considering making some retardo char and run a bit around just to waste my time :-)

Jaedan

Postby Jaedan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:45 am

I believe Blixen has made the guild over there -

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/guild/ravencrest/R_O_N_I_N/roster
AKA Thordelar

Return to “World of Warcraft”